"Whatever we think about and thank about, we bring about." Dr John Demartini

Friday, February 17, 2012

Leap Around the World Blog Hop : Card #13

Safely landed in Boston to have a Tea-Party with Kay Wallace ;-) - http://kaywallacescrapbooking.blogspot.com/ . Thank you Kay for hosting a stop-over in the Let's Scrap Leap Around the World Blog Hop
Love the sketch by DebbyD you chose and your take on the sketch is super beautiful!

Here's the sketch Kay chose for us to play with :

This is the final idea I decided upon:


I used black c/s for the base of the card. For the topper, I used elephant dung handmade paper. The frame was created with porcupine quills and the feathers I used are guinea-fowl feathers. I covered dress-me-up squares with black c/s and then decorated it.
Enmarc Crafts Products used:
Dress-me-Up Squares : Medium
Stamp : Out of Namibia (Limited Edition)

This is what I did on the inside of the card:


and now for a few close-ups:




Thank you for stopping by and I hope you found a wee little bit of inspiration here ;-) Please leave a little 'love', then I know you were here :-))

2 comments:

Denise van Deventer said...

WOW...I love this card! I love the way you have used the different textures! Just beautiful!
Thanks also for the kind words on my blog...and yes..you are quite correct..the pictures are from Etosha, Namibia. I absolutely love Namibia and worked for Air Namibia for about 3 years a looong time ago, and have always loved the country and the people!

Kay Wallace said...

I just had to come here to view the fantastic detail of this absolutely gorgeous card. I am thrilled that you did an African-themed card for my blog challenge. This is the very place in the world that I would most love to visit! This warms my heart! Thank you!