"Whatever we think about and thank about, we bring about." Dr John Demartini

Sunday, July 27, 2014

My Papaer Bag Album : When I needed Sunshine I Got Rain

This page was inspired by Neil Diamond's song I'm a Believer. The words 'When I needed sunshine I got rain' fell on my ears. We hardly ever get any rain, but it was cold and misty for more than 2 weeks and I was longing for warm sunshiny weather!

I grabbed my paper bag and turned it over. 


  • Stamped a harlequin pattern with StazOn Black onto copy paper, tore it to pieces. Also tore blue handmade paper to pieces inked all the edges with black and randomly pasted the two different papers down with gel medium.
  • Painted with acrylic canvas primer and let it dry.
  • Paper serviette with flowers and bees torn and pasted down with gel medium.
  • Used Derwent Aquatone crayons in blue to colour background.
  • Enmarc Crafts Stencil : Hart & Flowers and gesso paste for additional flowers painted with pink craft paint. Added stickles to the centers and outlined with white permanent marker.
  • Chipboard Umbrella by Enmarc Crafts : Coloured with craft paint and added faux stitching with black pen.
  • Enhanced the serviette flowers and bee with Stabilo pens and added stickles to the bee's wings.
  • Added more blue aquatone crayon to the top of the background as well as the top of the umbrella and used water and a brush to let the colour run down the background. 
  • Used Alphabet stamps by Janel to stamp my wording onto patterned paper. Pasted down with gel medium.
  • Used a black uniball pen to outline all the elements.
  • Lastly dripped dimensional glaze from the top and let it run down.
Now for a few close-ups :





Enmarc Crafts Products used :

  Craft Stencil : Hart & Flowers

  Plain Embellishment Set : Braaivleis - Used the Umbrella

Thank you for stopping by and your comment will be much appreciated.

No comments: