"Whatever we think about and thank about, we bring about." Dr John Demartini

Saturday, August 16, 2014

My Paper Bag Art Journal : If I had a Flower

On to page 6 of my Papaer Bag Art Journal.

I chose another watercolour paper for this page.

This page was inspired by this gorgeous darling little angel I found on Pinterest. The original image belongs to Becky Hetherington – attic-crafter.blogspot.com


Ain’t she just way too sweet!?
As you know, I am a wanna-be-artist and I copied this sweetie as I just HAD to have one of my own ;-)
AND . . . . here is mine ;-) 


I enlarged the coloured stamped image and used watercolour paper to trace the image on. Then did the outlines with a uni-ball black pen.


For the colouring of my image, I used Inktense Blocks and my water brush .



Enmarc Crafts has such a big variety of WHITE board embellishments and I chose their Nature Element :  Flower Layers 2 to add to my journal page. These were also coloured with the Inktense Blocks.


Whilst I waited for the flowers to dry, I coloured the background and left it to dry naturally.


Then added Stickles (Crystal) to the fairy’s wings and dress. I used a brush to spread the stickles as I wanted to create a very faint shimmering effect.


And here is a close-up of the stickles after it was dry.


For the edges I used Distress Ink : Vintage photo.


Then added a piece of lace to the left side. Next I stacked the Flower Layers and pasted it randomly down. I used my Distress Marker : Pumice Stone to add shading.


The flowers need stems ;-) Also added grass.


Then a gazillion liquid pearls! I am still trying to bond with these and who knows, I might make them perfect someday! 


Lastly, I used my uni-ball black pen to redo all the black lines.
Close-up of the sweet fairy.



  Nature Elements : Flower Layers 2

Thank you for stopping by :-) Your comment will be much appreciated!

No comments: