"Whatever we think about and thank about, we bring about." Dr John Demartini

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Paper Bag Art Journal : Autumn is a Second Spring

Time ran away from me AGAIN!!! ;-)

Another one of my only 10? minutes-a-day art journal pages :


I started off with painting 2 layers of canvas primer on the paper bag. I wanted to draw something and whilst I was waiting for the primer to dry, I browsed in the shop for something with easy lines as I am a wanna-be-artist ;-) I came upon this stamp and then drew it on the white background.

At this stage I still did not know what exactly I was going to do, so I coloured the image with Graphitint water-soluble crayons and a water brush.


I suppose I should have done some texture first, but I wanted to have a more smooth surface on which I could draw my sketch. Next I tore a paper serviette into pieces and used gel medium to paste it down.


When the gel medium was dry, I painted a layer of canvas primer on top of the serviette. By now, I decided to do something about winter or maybe autumn, seeing that the girl image was dressed up warmly.


Next I used a leaf stencil and gesso paste and scraped with an old credit card a few leaves randomly on the background. So, now it will be Autumn!! Thinking of the wind blowing leaves all over ;-)


Whilst the gesso paste was drying, I coloured a few white board chippies - from Enmarc Crafts - with Distress Markers. I love the WHITE board, because it is so easy to colour it with almost any medium. - Product = Nature Element : Rustling Leaves.


Next a bit of Distress Stain : Wild Honey and the water spritzer.


When it was dry, I added more colour with Distress Paint: Wild Honey


and some green with green craft paint


Then more colour to the gesso leaves with Color Wash Cranberry and Sunset Orange.
I used a uni-ball black pen to redo the lines of my sketch and added a bit of detail.


Applied vintage photo Distress ink randomly with a sponge applicator and the added green glimmer glam with a brush around the edges.


Needed to add more colour to the gesso leaves and added Distress Stain : Fired Brick


Next I glued the coloured chipboard leaves down. I did not like the green edge and added brown Glimmer Glam to the edges, also inked the edges with brown. Added shadows to the elements and glossy accents to the acorns. When all was dry, I added the quote : "Autumn is a second Spring when every leaf is a flower" ~ Albert Camus


Close-up of the Girl Image:


Enmarc Crafts White Board used :

  Nature Element : Rustling Leaves

Thank you for stopping by :-) 

No comments: