"Whatever we think about and thank about, we bring about." Dr John Demartini

Monday, March 11, 2013

ALTERED BOX

*Pfffffeewww!* Have been without my PC for a couple of weeks :-( The harddrive had to be formatted and hopefully everything is fixed now! *Happy Dance!*

Still some 'OLDIES' that I have never posted . . . .

This was Canica's challenge:

My challenge to you is alter a box. You can choose any theme you like but you will need to use at least 2 handmade flowers & no less than 2 Enmarc chippies on your project. Also I would like to see how creative you can be with the Enmarc chippies. What I mean is try something different & don’t just leave them plain.
What I did with my Enmarc chippies: I sprayed the chipboard pieces using Enmarc Crafts Dazzles & once dry I stamped them.
Here is what I came up with – I covered an old Hat Box & this is going to make a great Christmas gift for a friend. 

Canica's Box




I had this Memory Box (wooden blank) for more than 10 years sitting in my 'will-do-someday-projects' and I thought I might as well give the challenge a go!
This is what I came up with:-
 



 

Enmarc Products used:

Flexi-Board-erz : Vinez (4x)
Page Corner : Wrought Iron 1 (x2)
Page Corner : Wrought Iron 2 (x2)
Say it with words : Familie Kiekies
Deco Frame : Postage
Fancy Frame : Scallop Circle (DT Pack)

I got my inspiration for the ‘background’ of my box here http://patriciabasson.blogspot.com/2012/03/too-love.html  , thank you Patricia!

The two large Handmade Flowers I created from a Tutorial by Gabrielle Pollacco http://gabriellepollacco.blogspot.com/2010/03/sneak-peek-of-april-kit-from-my.html , thank you Gabrielle, I so much enjoyed your tutorial.

I have covered the flowers too with gesso paste and then painted it.

A closer look :-



Thank you once again for a super great challenge Canica! Glad I could eventually do something about my memory box!

There is one more post for this challenge ;-)

Thank you for stopping by, please leave a message so I know you were here :-)

No comments: